VIEW ALL WORKSHOPSMEET THE INSTRUCTOR
Supplies Students to Have:
- Pencil and/or pen + paper for note taking
- This workshop is primarily about slow stitching. Sewing machine with a free-motion foot is optional.
- Small pair of very sharp Scissors for cutting fabric
- Small pair of Scissors for cutting paper
- Iron + Ironing surface
- Needles for hand sewing
- A variety of threads for hand stitching
- Seam ripper
- Medium sized Rotary Cutter
- Gridded rotary cutter ruler
- Teflon Sheet or parchment paper
- Pencil with flat eraser head
- Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow Exciter Pack 9 Colors
- Plastic cups or plates for mixing.
- Plastic to cover your paint surface
- Fabric scraps — Pick any complementary colors that you like from the color wheel. You may want to consider using:
– Varied commercial or hand dyed solid fabrics.
– Marbled fabric
– Fabric w/ subtle prints.
– Kimono Scraps
- Fat Quarters each of black, white, and gray silk organza (NOT polyester)
- A few plastic straws
- Several index cards
- Painter’s tape
- A few Disposable Plastic Eye Droppers
- A sheet of cardboard: +/- 11” x 17”