If you are already a dyer, you most likely have the majority of items on this list already.
- 5 yards of PFD cotton cloth
I suggest ordering more, because you will want to do more after class is over!
- Procion MX dyes, your choice of colors
- Urea (optional, but I like to use it as it helps dye dissolve)
- Soda ash powder
- Something in which to mix dye concentrates
- Something in which to mix soda ash
- A dust mask, preferably an N95 or a surgical mask
- Measuring tools for dyeing: teaspoons and tablespoons, and a set of measuring cups
- 4 Buckets, They could all be 5 gallon buckets, or two 5 gallon plus two 3 gallon
- One large pot. Stainless steel is the gold standard, but an enamel canning kettle is just fine
- One pair of tongs
- Hot pads or mitts
- Gloves, both heavier dishwashing gloves, and thinner close fitting gloves
- 1 dishpan or large open plastic storage container.
- Gallon size ziplock bags or recycled plastic lettuce containers with lids, 8 or more
- 8 large yogurt containers (35 oz. size) or similar with lids
- A tabletop covered with heavy plastic. Alternatively, you could cover a scrap piece of plywood and put it on sawhorses or another table
- notebook and pen
- rags or old towels for wiping up while dyeing