Introducing the Stay Pawsitive! Fundraiser to benefit victims of the Camp fire in Northern CA.
Many families have surrendered their pets to Wags and Whiskers in Chico, CA, which is overwhelmed at the moment trying to take in pets that were lost/found after the fires, and those newly homeless who surrendered their pets because they can’t care for them anymore. So let’s raise some money!
How to participate:
- Make 1 or 2 (or 3, 4 or more) 4″ x 6″ fabric or mixed-media postcards where all proceeds will go to Wags and Whiskers and also to other organizations helping displaced families, their livestock, and pets. These pieces of art can be made of fabric or paper, watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, quilts and stitch, metal, recycled bits, or even a combination of all the above.
- Think theme! We are open to any theme for the artwork: they could be animals or fantasy creatures (unicorns anyone?), abstract works, depictions of dreamy landscapes and escapes, floral-themed pieces, mini modern quilts, graffiti-inspired work, or whatever your imagination dreams up! (Please, however, be mindful of copyright and create original art.)
- These works do not need to be bound or mounted. Ideally we want to fit these works of art into 6″ x 6″ slim plastic casings for display, but if your work is thicker and wont fit we still welcome it!
- On the back side of your artwork, please sign your name, title, and leave your social media info (i.e. website, blog, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest handle). Contact information is optional.
- We will sell the 4″ x 6″ pieces for $20 each at Craft Napa 2019 and online, and all of the proceeds will go to Friends for Life Animal Rescue.
- The art should be received no later than Friday, January 4th, 2019. Please note: this is a receive-by date! We will of course accept artwork during Craft Napa but want to have a large starting bank of artwork so would love it if you mailed them far in advance!
- You can mail as many pieces of art as you would like, but please place them in a padded envelope. This way they will stay in pristine condition to be displayed at Craft Napa and online.
Please mail them to:
Crafting a Life
Attn: Stay Pawsitive!
PO BOX 10368
- Come to Craft Napa or check later in the fall on the craftingalifellc.com site to buy as many pieces as you are able! Just think: of you bought four (or more) and had them framed, it would make for a very nice collection.
As soon as we start receiving artwork, we will post examples online and in social media channels.
We hope you will get creating!