Introducing the “Seas the Day” Fundraiser to benefit the Marine Mammal Center
Our oceans need our help, and the Marine Mammal Center is leading the field in ocean conservation through marine mammal rescue, veterinary science, and education. So let’s raise some money!
How to participate:
- Make 1 or 2 (or 3, 4 or more) 4″ x 6″ fabric or mixed-media postcards. All proceeds will go to The Marine Mammal Center. These pieces of art can be made of fabric or paper, watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, quilts and stitch, metal, recycled bits, or even a combination of all the above.
- Think ocean! We are open to any variation on an ocean theme for the artwork: marine mammals or fantasy sea creatures, abstract works, depictions of dreamy oceanscapes, mini modern quilts, graffiti-inspired work, or whatever your imagination dreams up! (Please, however, be mindful of copyright and create original art.)
- These works do not need to be bound or mounted.
- On the back side of your artwork, please sign your name, title, and leave your social media info (i.e. website, blog, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest handle). Contact information is optional.
- We will sell the 4″ x 6″ pieces for $20 each at Craft Napa 2020, and all of the proceeds will go to the Marine Mammal Center.
- The art should be received no later than Monday January 13, 2020. Please note: this is a receive-by date!We will of course accept artwork during Craft Napa but want to have a large starting bank of artwork so would love it if you mailed them far in advance!
- You can mail as many pieces of art as you would like, but please place them in a padded envelope. This way they will stay in pristine condition to be displayed at Craft Napa and online.
Please mail them to:
Crafting a Life
Attn: Seas the Day
PO BOX 10368
- Come to Craft Napa to buy as many pieces as you are able! Just think: if you bought four (or more) and had them framed, it would make for a very nice collection.
As soon as we start receiving artwork, we will post examples online and in social media channels.
We hope you will get creating!