Supplies Students to Bring:
- 100% cotton fabric, preferably solids LIGHT/MED/DARK VALUES FOR EACH COLOR (details below) Textured prints are welcome in this workshop. Batiks will also work very well with this technique.
- At least one yard each of neutral colors.
- Needles (Microtex Sharps #60/8 or #70/10) This is very important because you will be sewing with very fine thread.
- Freezer paper (Will be provided)
- Regular black Sharpie Pen (Will be provided)
- Superior Threads Mono.Poly™ Thread (Only this brand, and the translucent version, not the black.)
- Some machines will not like this thread, so please test before the workshop. An alternative would be Wonderfil by Invisifil – light gray 100wt 2-Ply Polyester Thread.
- Seam ripper and very sharp small scissors
- Rotary cutters (with extra blades) You will want a 28mm, as well as the standard 45mm.
- Cutting Mat (at least 24” for cutting width of fabric)
- A flat light box. This is a must have and can be found on Amazon for a very good price. (Starting around $25)
- Good old fashioned spray starch. (Will be provided)
- A small round paint brush size 4. (Will be provided)
- A very small container with a lid. (Will be provided)
- Sketchbook (for note taking, drawing etc.)
- Regular pencils w/eraser
- Blue painters tape.
Optional, but not necessary:
- An iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil if you have one, with the App Procreate installed.
You may visit this site as a reference for choosing your palette:
*Having at least 3 values of each color you bring will give you a better result. Regarding the neutral fabric, please make sure you bring very light values. Bring grays and taupes. Please make sure you bring a very light shade (close to white) as well as a light/medium.